Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday Eli!

Yes, Eli's 7th birthday occurred over a month ago... I am behind... story of my life these days.  But, I'm refusing to give in to the perfectionist side of me that wants to just stop blogging if I can't be "on time!!"  Someday, I think I will be glad I stuck with it, regardless of how late some of these posts might be.

Eli's birthday fell on a Sunday this year.  Sunday mornings are always busy in our home, and we knew Micah would be out of the house extra early, so we let Eli open up some of his presents the night before.  He was actually allowed to open all of them, but he chose to wait on a few so that he would have some surprises left for his birthday day.
So excited to open presents!



A beautiful card from Mikayla
She wrote him a nice letter on the back ;)
Sibling LOVE
 Eli chose to celebrate with our extended family at Organ Stop pizza in the evening.  It was crowded, but we managed to squeeze ourselves into a table and have a wonderful time together.  Eli was so thankful to have both sets of grandparents there, one of his great grandmas, and one of his aunts!

Thompson Grandparents
We love GG!

In typical Eli fashion, he chose a big cookie instead of a birthday cake

7 Years Old
Happy Birthday Eli!  We love you so much and are so grateful to be your parents.  This year we have really seen you grow up and are starting to catch "glimpses" of the future man you will become.  It makes my heart a little sad that you are growing so fast because I know my time with you is limited, but I am so excited to see how much you love the Lord and I know he has many great plans in store for your future.  You are an incredible son, and an amazing big brother (who is even supportive of bringing more children into our home to love this year!).  I appreciate your tender, compassionate heart, your zest and energy for life, your obsession with all-things-sports, and your desire to still give your momma lots of hugs and kisses :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday you are sp precious. God has chosen you to bless your generation and His people. Your love pours out in every smile. from Ms. Lilly.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.