Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas From Our Family To Yours!


Our 2011 Family Christmas Letter:

Dear Family and Friends,

We hope this letter finds you healthy and enjoying this Christmas season with your loved ones.  Here are a few updates on the Hutchison clan…

Eli (5 yrs.): Eli continues to enjoy playing sports, and was able to fit in two seasons of soccer and one season of t-ball this year.  He told me he likes, “soccer better than t-ball, because in t-ball everybody gets a turn to bat and run around the bases so nobody actually wins.”  Apparently he has a competitive streak?  Eli started Kindergarten in August and has become quite the avid reader.  He is very proud that he can check-out books from the library and read them all by himself. 

Mikayla (5 yrs.):  Mikayla is truly the “princess” of the family and loves to play dress-up, have tea parties, dress her dolls, and “talk” on her cell phone.  She was in her first ballet recital last June, and to say that she was in heaven dancing on a stage would be an understatement.  A couple of weeks ago she told me, “Mom, when I grow up I am going to be a princess, ballet teacher, and a mommy.”  Yep, that sounds about right for Mikayla.  She also started Kindergarten in August and loves learning (especially learning to write), but would gladly ditch math and reading assignments in lieu of all-day art projects!

Bethany:  My personal highlight of the year was having the opportunity to cut way back in my job (ie – working just three days per month!) in order to stay at home with the kids.  I mentioned they were both in Kindergarten… but did I mention who their teacher is?  Well, that would be me!  I am having a blast teaching my kids at home, and really allowing myself to fulfill the role of “mom” in a much greater way than ever before.  I am also really enjoying  leading a women’s Bible study at church on Tuesday mornings, and coordinating church-wide women’s ministry events throughout the year.

Micah:  Micah continues to enjoy the joys and challenges of being the Executive Pastor at our church.  Our church plant is now 2.5 years old, and this past August we had the opportunity to move out of the movie theater where we first began meeting, and into a large high school auditorium.  This has been a blessing in providing more room for our children’s classes, as well as plenty of room for future growth!  I also have to give props to my wonderful husband who chose to sell one of our cars and drive a scooter as his main form of transportation this year, in order to help us transition to living off of one income.  Now that’s love people!  And yes, driving a scooter is definitely as cool as it sounds.  :)

In other news… we were incredibly blessed to move into a new home this past summer that is much closer to our church (and therefore Micah’s work), our families, and “civilization” in general.  I can actually drive five minutes or less and get to a grocery store!   Of course new houses always have their glitches… right after we moved in and started unpacking, the downstairs flooded!  You can read more about the whole fiasco by visiting this post.

Our family looks forward to 2012 with great anticipation of all that God will do in our lives, and the lives of those around us.   We ask that you would pray for us this spring, as Micah and I begin taking part in training classes to become licensed foster parents in the state of Arizona.  At this point we don’t really have a plan for what will happen after we complete the licensing process, but we can rest assured that the Lord knows… and his plans are always good.   I am reminded of his words in Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” 

From our family to yours, have a very merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! 

Love,
The  Hutchison  Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.