Monday, November 7, 2011

Ballet

Last June I mentioned in a post that Mikayla danced in a ballet recital... well this is a bit belated, but I finally got my hands on some of the images that the professional photographer took of her and her class, and they were just too cute not to post :)


This fall Mikayla has been taking ballet classes once again, but at a different location closer to our new house.  She has a great teacher, and really looks forward to going each week.  She loves to practice her "leaps" all over the house... I am just waiting for the day she crashes into something or accidentally leaps down the stairs!  A couple of weeks ago her class allowed visitors to come in and watch them perform a dance they had been learning, so I was able to get some video footage of the ballerina in action.  Sorry my camera wasn't really in focus... not sure what was going on :(  Oh well, you get the idea!









2 comments:

  1. great pics.
    thanks for sharing
    love ya all
    grandma & grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. For five years-old, Mikayla sure has a lot of grace and a quiet confidence. It is so beautiful to see a child doing something they love!

    When Mikayla is a world-famous ballerina, do you think you could score us some free tickets?

    : ) Julie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.