Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Hair

Just wanted to share a few pictures of Mikayla's "Christmas Hair" (as she calls it). She picked out the Christmas colored beads, and I set to work on the routine of washing, detangling, parting, braiding, and beading!  We started yesterday afternoon and had about four hair "sessions" before finishing up around 1:00 today.  I put box braids in the back, which I have done before and was fairly happy with how those turned out.  I tried a new style on top, a veil-style with braids.  I could tell it was my first time doing it because my fingers were pretty clumsy and the braiding is uneven, but still satisfied with the result for my first attempt.  Mikayla is just happy that her her "clickety-clacks" when she moves around :)  I am happy that it's done and now we don't have to "do hair" for a couple weeks!



Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Lovely job, Mom! Mikayla is beautiful, as always, and her hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed! Will you teach me once Allison's hair is long enough?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.