Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Our morning started with watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV, and we then headed over to my parents house for our Thanksgiving "feast."  We enjoyed the company of my parents, my sister Bonnie and brother-in-law Casey, my brother Ben and his girlfriend Heather.  Eli and Mikayla played some "rousing" matches of ping-pong with dad and Grandpa.  Eli was quite concerned with how many points each team had throughout the match - I supposed you could classify him as a bit competitive :)  We ate a wonderful meal cooked mostly by my mom, but I added a couple of side dishes to the mix.  My mom even made some delicious homemade pumpkin and chocolate pies (the chocolate being a recipe of my great grandma Ruby).  We relaxed by watching football and browsing through tomorrow's Black Friday shopping ads - yep, I'm going out to face the crowds tomorrow morning... haven't done it in a few years but am looking forward to trying to get all of Christmas shopping done in one day.  Wish me luck! 

This year I am especially thankful for my family, and the opportunity to work part-time so that I can be at home more with the kiddos.  I am also thankful for our wonderful church family at Harvest Community Church - words really can't express how much you all mean to us.  Of course there is so much more to be thankful for, but those are two that really stick out to me right now.

On a humerous note, tonight I asked Eli what his favorite food was from the Thanksgiving meal, and he replied, "the crackers."  (We had crackers out as an appetizer before the meal, LOL!).  He then thought about it more and added, "oh, and the turkey too."  Ha! He always keeps us laughing :)

Some pics of the day...
Ping Pong Match 




 Looks like he is doing a karate move!

 Pretty Girl :)

Being Silly :)


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.