Sunday, October 17, 2010

A couple of weeks ago I traveled with my mom and the two kiddos to Ohio, to spend time with my grandparents and other members of my mom's side of the family.  I am behind on my blogging so I'm just finally getting some pictures up! 

Fortunately, the first two days of our visit the weather was beautiful and we were able to visit two farms, go to the park, feed the ducks, and just enjoy the cool fall weather.  We loved that the leaves were starting to change... something we hardly see here in the desert.
Milking a cow... trickier than it looks!
Grandma and Mom (or to my kids: "Grams or Great Grandma" and "Grandma")
My cousin Nicole and I used to love to come to this Chuck E Cheese when we were kids... now here we are taking our own kids to Chuck E Cheese!  Somehow the "magic" of the place just isn't quite the same, but we had fun! :)
Celebrating my mom's birthday with more cousins... Bailey, Josh, and Cory, who came to hang out with us the last weekend we were there. 

FAMILY DINNER!
Cousins :)
A highlight of the trip was being able to meet up with a family that was in our travel group when we brought Mikayla home from Ethiopia - they brought their daughter, Sira, home at hte same time.  The girls shared a room at Holt's care center before coming home, and it was wonderful to see them reunited!  They had a great time playing together and it made me so wish that they could do it more often.  It was strange to hear them speaking English to one another, since of course the last time they were together this was not the case... we used to not be able to understand anything of their conversations :)  They are such cuties!
Had a great trip - even enjoyed the rainy days!  Eli spiked a high temperature our last night there, so the plane ride home was not so much fun... but he is better now, and I'm thankful he got sick at the end of the trip and not the beginning!  Hopefully it won't be long before we can visit everyone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.