Monday, April 26, 2010

So Much to Share…

But so little time!  At least that is how I have felt these last few weeks (months?).  I have so many half-written blog posts just waiting for me to finish them up… but I just can’t seem to find the time these days. 

Here are some of the exciting tidbits that I can’t wait to share more about, just as soon as I can…

  • Hair.  Mikayla’s hair that is.  For other adoptive parents out there who are on the “hair journey” trying to figure out the routine of black, natural, hair care, I will share what I have tried so far.
  • New Job.  Yep, I will be starting a new job in June and I’m super excited about it!
  • Eli’s LOVE of the Bible.  Lately the characters in his make-believe games have had familiar names.  The other day Eli and Mikayla were having a “boxing match” in the living room and I overhear Eli say, “Okay Mikayla, it’s your turn to fight Peter.  And Jesus, you are going to fight Hosanna.”  (It’s like Easter meets Wii Boxing in my house)
  • An update on Princess Mikayla… now 7-months-home, talking up a storm, excited for her first trip Disneyland, still dealing with attachment “stuff” (the victories and the hardships), and realizing how much we have been BLESSED :)
  • Did I say Disneyland?  Yes!  Stay tuned for news on the Hutchison Family Summer Vacation…. we’ll be CA-bound!
  • Summit VI.  In case you forgot (because I know you’ve been endlessly thinking about it), that is where we are headed this week and I am really looking forward to it!!   Yippee!  Since I will actually be on a trip without kids… maybe I’ll get those blog posts finished up!

More to come… but in the meantime, here’s a cute pic of Mikayla eating her ice cream on one of our past “girls night out” adventures. 

ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.