But so little time! At least that is how I have felt these last few weeks (months?). I have so many half-written blog posts just waiting for me to finish them up… but I just can’t seem to find the time these days.
Here are some of the exciting tidbits that I can’t wait to share more about, just as soon as I can…
- Hair. Mikayla’s hair that is. For other adoptive parents out there who are on the “hair journey” trying to figure out the routine of black, natural, hair care, I will share what I have tried so far.
- New Job. Yep, I will be starting a new job in June and I’m super excited about it!
- Eli’s LOVE of the Bible. Lately the characters in his make-believe games have had familiar names. The other day Eli and Mikayla were having a “boxing match” in the living room and I overhear Eli say, “Okay Mikayla, it’s your turn to fight Peter. And Jesus, you are going to fight Hosanna.” (It’s like Easter meets Wii Boxing in my house)
- An update on Princess Mikayla… now 7-months-home, talking up a storm, excited for her first trip Disneyland, still dealing with attachment “stuff” (the victories and the hardships), and realizing how much we have been BLESSED :)
- Did I say Disneyland? Yes! Stay tuned for news on the Hutchison Family Summer Vacation…. we’ll be CA-bound!
- Summit VI. In case you forgot (because I know you’ve been endlessly thinking about it), that is where we are headed this week and I am really looking forward to it!! Yippee! Since I will actually be on a trip without kids… maybe I’ll get those blog posts finished up!
More to come… but in the meantime, here’s a cute pic of Mikayla eating her ice cream on one of our past “girls night out” adventures.