Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Broken "Stuff"

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and theives break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..." (Matthew 6:19-20)I guess I am supposed to learn a lesson concerning this, because it seems that things around me (things I RELY on for my sanity - "treasures") are breaking down. First, the vaccuum suddenly decides it no longer wants to push forward in the setting that I need it to. Lovely. Who needs clean floors anyway? I guess now I have a good excuse :) However, I just about had a heart attack last night when I started the washing machine and water began leaking all over the laundry room floor. Micah and I mopped like crazy, and I tried not to cry... imagining myself with a basin and washboard out in the backyard. Seriously folks... no funds to fix it, it may very well have come to that.


Well, Micah became the hero of the day (week, month, year, etc.) when he emailed me a picture at work of our washing machine in pieces and him announcing he knew what was wrong and was off to buy the part to repair it. Trust me, I had my doubts... but he did it!!! What a handy man! Thank you honey for saving us all that money we would have had to spend having a repairman come out to the house. (Or worse - thank you for sparing us from having to wash the clothes in the backyard with a basin and scrub board)



And the vaccuum?? Well, that one is at the repair shop as we speak. It's funny how God provides sometimes... we just got our tax refund and the amount we got back this year was pretty minimal. But, it just might be enough to pay for that vaccuum repair :) Not the way I would have chosen to spend the money, but hey, can't complain!


1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, Bethany! In the past month, someone threw a rock through the window of our car door, all the toilets in the house are having flushing issues, water was leaking through the ceiling of our basement, and the worse one...the main diamond of my wedding ring fell out and is lost forever! It has been a bit difficult to always keep a good perspective, but I just hope the Lord's done teaching me the lesson on keeping a loose grip on "stuff"! : )

    Love you guys!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.