Monday, December 29, 2008

A Yummy Treat

Okay, first of all I have to give credit to my friend Kelly, for this delicious treat recipe that I now whip up for most "gatherings" throughout the year, especially during the holidays. I am not a person who loves to cook, but I do love simple recipes that get great reactions from people :) This is one of those! Trust me, if you make these you will not be let down. They are absolutely rich, addicting, and everyone will ask you for the recipe.

Chocolate Truffles
1. Crush (finely) one package of Oreo cookies (I like to use the Pampered Chef food chopper)
2. Mix the crushed Oreos with one 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese (I use a dough mixer for this task)
3. Roll the chocolate mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet - put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden
4. Melt Chocolate and White Almond Bark according to the directions on the packages
5. Dip half of the Oreo balls into the chocolate candy coating, and half into the Vanilla - the balls should be completely covered in the candy shell
6. Place the dipped balls back on the cookie sheet and give them time to harden (putting them back in the fridge or freezer is a good idea)
7. Drizzle the opposite flavor of almond bark on to the top each truffle, using a fork - this adds a great decoration!!
8. Again, let it harden - put in fridge for awhile
9. Enjoy!! You better give some away, because you won't be able to stop eating them.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, Bethany!!! Thank you for what sounds like an UHmazing recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.