Friday, October 24, 2008

Hooray for Eli!

Tonight we celebrate because for the first time, Eli went pee-pee in his potty!! Yeah!! To be honest, we haven't even started really trying to potty train him yet. I had a wise friend tell me that it usually works best to not push the issue and wait until your child is truly ready for it, which for most kids (especially boys) that is around age 3 or even beyond. Eli has always had my knack for stubbornness, so pretty much if he doesn't want to do something, it's not going to happen. Well, tonight the ball was entirely in his court... he decided he was going to pee on the potty (mind you, this was AFTER he emptied most of his bladder on the floor), but then he sat on the potty chair and actually did it! We purchased our potty chair many months ago, and have sat on it many times, but to no avail. We have also talked about going pee-pee on the potty many times, but usually if I would ask Eli if he wanted to do that the answer was most definitely, "No." We made a big deal out of it and cheered loudly. He smiled so big and I could tell he was very proud. Guess we shall see if this trend continues and maybe start setting a date to actually make this more official :) I would definitely love to stop buying diapers!

6 comments:

  1. Mackenzie liked the book where the Grandma gave a sucker when the child is successful and so that is still the only time she ever asks for a sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go Eli! Bella has the same book but of course for girls. Have a great day! I really enjoy reading your entries.love, Brandee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli, maybe you can teach Ethan how fun it is to go in the pottie! I would love to stop buying diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is truly a day for PRAISE!!! Congrats! It will come soon enough, and you will be the happiest family on the block!! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was catching up on the blogs I read and was so excited when I read this! Didn't you just want to call everyone you know? William says congratulations. He had a "one time deal" last month...we're anxiously anticipating a sequel... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.