Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Micah!

This weekend we celebrated Micah's 29th birthday! I keep this picture of Micah in a frame, and was looking at it today thinking about how quickly life goes by. I would guess that Micah was probably about Eli's age, maybe slightly older, when this picture was taken... and it's amazing how much they look alike!

Yesterday we started the birthday celebration by relaxing at a movie while Eli stayed with Micah's parents. We then all went out for a yummy dinner together at BJ's. The best part of the evening was of course the chocolate chip pazooki's!!

Today we continued the celebrating by having a relaxing day at home, and eating some marble fudge birthday cake. Eli repeatedly wished daddy a happy birthday, and then would tell us that it's his birthday too. I think he was worried that it needed to be your birthday in order to get to eat some of the cake :)

There are so many great reasons to celebrate Micah's life today, but here are just a few things I am especially thankful for at the moment...

1. Micah is an amazing dad. There aren't many dads who could survive staying home with their child (alone) on their days off while their wife goes to work. Micah and I share the parenting responsibilities pretty equally since we both work, and I just truly appreciate that he has a great attitude about this and values his time at home with Eli. He is just as skilled at changing diapers, making "toddler" meals, playing, bathing, rocking, reading stories, and putting Eli to bed as Mommy is! I know that's not the case in many households, and I'm truly blessed.

2. By nature, Micah doesn't care much about the tidiness or orderliness of the house. But, for my sake he steps in and helps out with the household chores. I am thankful that he always takes care of the yardwork, so that I don't have to go outside and sweat :) I also know that sometimes he'll make the extra effort to pick things up around the house, unload the dishwasher, or whatever, just because he knows those things are meaningful to me.

3. Micah has a "way" with people. He is a tender hearted guy, and gets along with everyone. People tend to be drawn to want to hang out with him just because he is one of those all-around nice guys, and he truly does care about others. This is what makes him an awesome youth pastor... he loves the teens and the volunteers who work with them. It's not just a job to him, the people he serves are always first and foremost on his heart.

4. It may seem small, but I love to sleep in on Saturday mornings. Most of the time, Micah willingly gets up with Eli the early bird, and lets me sleep a couple extra hours. I love that!!

5. I appreciate that Micah is a "techie." There is nothing I hate more than when technology doesn't work. It's especially frustrating when you are someone that doesn't know how to fix those things. Micah always has answers for how to fix my problems that come up with the computer, internet, phones, ipod, or any other gadgets that we deal with :)

6. Lately I have had to deal with a lot of medical issues. This has led to times of sadness, frustration, fear, sickness, and pain. Micah has been so understanding of me during this time, and is there to assist me whether I just need to cry... or puke! I know, gross huh? I have an awesome husband.

Well, the list could go on and on, but we'll just stop here and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICAH!! Eli and I love you so much and are grateful that the Lord brought you into this world 29 years ago, and that you are a part of our lives today. You are a wonderful husband and daddy, and we love you!






1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.