Saturday, April 12, 2008

"You're Gonna Miss This"

I added this new Trace Adkins song to my playlist today (it should be playing now as you read...). I really liked this song the first time I heard it because it's such a great reminder that life is short, and each stage of life is even shorter so we should really try to make the most of wherever stage of life we're in and ENJOY it.

Sometimes work can get pretty stressful, but I am thankful to have a job that I love and a flexible schedule that allows me to put my family first. I try to make the most of each day I spend at work because I know God has me there for a reason.

All marriages go through ups and downs, but I am so grateful to be married to Micah and can't imagine my life without him. I try to do the best that I can to take advantage of the time I get to spend with him and am happy that we get to face each new stage of life together. When we have our disagreements I just think about how it's so often that things may seem like such a "big issue" at the time, but by the next day you wish you hadn't wasted all of that time being upset about it... life's just too short for that!

Then there's Eli... since having him life seems to go by even faster. Maybe it's just so noticeable with a little one around because they grow and change so fast. I remember just two years ago holding my screaming, colicky infant and feeling like I couldn't want until he was out of that phase... but even now, I do miss it! Now he's two and I try to savor each day that we can spend saying "set, set, go" racing across the backyard, playing with cars, reading stories, singing songs, and even dealing with the tantrums... I've learned that it's best to just smile and know that this too will pass, and someday I will miss it!

2 comments:

  1. It is evident that you are leading a quite healthy life Bethany. Can't wait to meet your family someday. I see much fruit growing in your life, to the Glory of God!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.