Saturday, April 26, 2008

Home Again

A couple of times a year I need to attend multi-day conferences related to my job. The picture above shows me standing in front of the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando, FL where I stayed this past week for the National State Directors of Migrant Education Conference. Florida was beautiful! One of my employees made the trip with me, as well as a migrant parent from our program. I learned a lot at the conference, but the highlight was being able to take the migrant parent and see her experience her first plane ride, first time at Disney, first time staying in a hotel, etc, etc. Migrant workers do not have a lot of money for things like vacationing, and sometimes barely enough to pay their bills. It's wonderful that the federal government offers districts grant money so that we can attend these types of conferences and bring parents along - free of charge to us!

The unfortunate thing about the trip was that Eli was sick again - he contracted the same horrible diaper rash for the 7th time!! Micah did a great job taking care of him, even through the long night where he kept throwing up and running a fever! Ugh. Everyone can be praying for Eli, we aren't sure what continues to cause the rash. I have a hunch that it might be a food allergy... but it's hard to determine what it could be since he eats such a wide variety of foods. We have an appointment next month with a pediatric gastroenterologist, so hopefully he will be able to help find some answers.

So needless to say, it's always good to be back home again to tend to my family. Micah was able to catch up on some of the work he missed, Eli is feeling better, and my jet lag is "almost" gone... we're slowly but sure returning to a sense of "normalcy." :)

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for Eli... It is so frustrating/hard when you don't know how to help them feel better and what is causing the issue. Arg! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.