Friday, February 15, 2008

Decision Made

For the past few weeks I have been tossing around the idea of starting to blog, and for a number of reasons I've made the decision to do it! I decided to title this blog "Thoughts From Still Moments," because part of my purpose for blogging is to find a few more still moments in my life, where I can sit down and spend some time reflecting. My favorite book of the Bible is Psalms, and Psalm 46:10 is one of those verses that I try to constantly remind myself of. Sometimes I am so busy with life, that I forget to just calm down, be quite, and remember that God is God - He has it under control. I like the idea of blogging for the same reason that I enjoy scrapbooking, it is a way of capturing all those little (or even not-so-little) moments of life in a manner that allows me to share my journey with others, while at the same time allowing me to reflect on life in my own heart and be mindful of God's faithfulness to me. I love the words to the Casting Crowns song entitled "Lifesong," and I hope that through this blog my lifesong can "sing" to God, and declare his love and faithfulness to others.

"May the words I say and the things I do, make my lifesong sing, bring a smile to you. Let my lifesong sing to you, Let my lifesong sing to you, I want to sign your name to the end of this day, knowing that my heart was true, Let my lifesong sing to you!"

~Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you.